How often do you find yourself rummaging through your solid surface remnant inventory for a color the right size for a job that may not require a full sheet? Have you considered using discontinued or overstock material for a job where you can influence the material to be specified? Below are a few resources on where to find some of this budget-friendly material and potentially save quite a bit of money for yourself and/or your customers.
To help illustrate an example of how one might save, let’s say you bought enough sheets of DuPont Corian® Tumbleweed for a new project. The specs changed midstream and you were just 30” short of material to finish the job. Your choices would be to purchase another full sheet, at roughly $700, or find a smaller sheet online for approximately $300 (including shipping)–that would be a savings of $400.
Save on Small and Large Projects
Other ways to save using overstock, remnant and discontinued material might include:
- Those projects where you need just another few feet of material to finish the job; or
- Smaller, limited-budget projects, i.e., when the customer wants a 4’ vanity top, your pricing can be more competitive by purchasing a partial sheet, rather than having to include the full sheet cost in your quote; or
- Large jobs where a color category is specified, but not a specific color, and you can select from overstock, seconds or discontinued colors that are heavily discounted.
Solid Surface Resources
While we have a bias toward SolidSurface.com, offering the largest selection of remnant, overstock, discontinued, and material in one location, there are several other resources we’ve found for this type of material: RemnantSwap.com by Moraware offers a fabricator-to-fabricator resource in a classifieds-style marketplace; some fabricators offer remnant inventory through their websites; many distributors and manufacturers often have lists of discontinued materials; and last, but not least, you might (or might not) be surprised at what you can find on Ebay.
SolidSurface.com’s centralized inventory contains a wide variety of quantities of full and partial sheet remnants (drops) acquired from sources such as fabricators, millwork houses, distributors, and manufacturers in the solid surface industry. Additionally, SolidSurface.com offers acrylic, made in the USA, seconds, called Select Grade, that match the colors of Corian®.
Also consider the time-saving benefits of using an online resource:
- Quickly and efficiently locate hard-to-find solid surface sheet material in full and partial sizes.
- With a few mouse clicks, and the use of the product filter, a package or pallet with your selection can be on its way to you that same day.
- If you’re in a time crunch, you can even out-source a custom vanity top through SolidSurface.com’s 10-business-day vanity program, ensuring quick turnaround times and built to your specifications.
- For large, multi-sheet jobs where customers are less concerned about color than they are about price, you can purchase from a large selection of full sheets as low as $299/sheet, in bulk quantities, with free shipping for 3+ sheets.
Selection, Selection, Selection
With over 20,000 thousand pieces, representing over ½ million square feet, in an untold number of colors from 12 recognized brands, finding the right size and color quickly is accommodated by the multi-option filtering system, all of which can save you time and money.
Choose from DuPont™ Corian®, LG HI-MACS®, Avonite Surfaces®, Samsung™ Staron®, Formica® Solid Surface, Livingstone®, Wilsonart® Solid Surface, Hyundai Hanex, Mystera®, Basix® and Meganite®. Among these brands, 8 offer their full line of current colors, in case you don’t already have a source for a particular brand.
Your Overstock Inventory
When it comes to warehousing inventory, naturally you may want to keep your valuable accumulation of partial and overstock material (even though it’s already paid for in the original project price). But, if you don’t have the space, or the extra time and labor it takes to measure, catalog and organize your partial and overstock sheets, consider using SolidSurface.com as a resource pool. Avoid landfill waste by reducing, reusing and recycling solid surface excess material.
Learn more – Introducing the New SolidSurface.com Experience